Thursday, October 3, 2013

Exercising at the office

                                              

Q. I work in an office and am concerned that I sit all day long. I workout at night after I get home. What can I do during the day to get more exercise at my office job?


A: Some medical studies have concluded that it is as important for you to get sufficient exercise during the day as it is for you to train using an organized workout regimen.



This can be difficult if you have a ‘desk job’ as you mentioned and have to do your work while sitting at a desk. The studies mentioned above found that it is important not to sit continuously for one hour without getting up and moving around. They stated that an individual needs to get up out of their seat every 45 minutes and walk around and be active for several minutes before sitting back in their seat.



This burns calories and increases your metabolism so when you do sit back down you continue to burn calories. It also decreases the fats that build up in your bloodstream, lessening your chance of getting heart disease or some other debilitating disease.



But how do I know if I am exercising enough during the day? One way is to buy an inexpensive pedometer and use it during the day to track the amount of walking that you are doing. Set a realistic daily goal for yourself and keep track of your successes and failures in achieving it. If you don’t hit your goal on a given day-don’t get discouraged. Pick it up the next day and reward yourself when you obtain your goal-with a healthy food of course!





 My books on Amazon-starting at only $1.95!


No comments:

Post a Comment